Hello world! Not that anyone will be reading this, but I am mainly doing this for my sake to give myself the motivation I need to become a healthier, happier person! I am currently in pharmacy school and I also work at a pharmacy so I am a very busy person, but I have noticed that in the past 6 months or so I have gained about 7 pounds and you might say that’s nothing, but for me, it is a lot! I can see it in my stomach, my chin, my arms, and my thighs and I used to work out regularly but with such a busy schedule, I never make time for it anymore. And to top it all off, I’m not eating healthy!
So today, I have decided to take a step towards accomplishing my goal. In this post, I will define my goals and steps I need to take towards accomplishing them. I will also post periodic pictures to show if I am achieving the results I am wanting!
1. Eat healthy.
- Eliminate fatty foods such as chips.
- No more eating out! No more Groucho’s on the way home or Firehouse Subs before lab.
- Eat 6 small meals each day instead of 3 large ones. This way I boost my metabolism throughout the day.
- Create a weekly meal plan. Breakfasts should include meals high in protein such as: eggs, cottage cheese or milk and Special K cereal. Snacks should include foods high in fiber such as my trail mix blend of Special K Cereal, Bran Cereal, and chocolate chips. Lunch should be easy and on-the-go such as microwavable veggies with a filling veggie smoothie. Dinners should also be high in protein including a small piece of chicken breast with veggies on the side.
2. Work out.
- Purchase Insanity or P90X.
- Create a calendar and plan my workouts based on the time of day that is best for me.
- Change it up a bit! Go for a run outside instead of going to the gym. Or go to a local park and do a stairs workout.
3. Goals of my workouts:
- Lose the belly flab and work towards seeing my abs again!
- Trim my thighs and work the backs of my legs to help minimize cellulite and sagging.
- Shape my booty. Nobody wants saddlebags right?!
- Tone my arms and shoulders.
- Tone my legs and calves.
So, I am about to go to work and I should probably go downstairs and make a healthy snack to hold me over before dinner. For breakfast I had a total of 390 calories including:
- 1 cup of cottage cheese = 180 calories
- 1 thin sliced whole wheat bagel = 110 calories
- 2 tbsp of cream cheese = 100 calories
For my snack/lunch, I will have a smoothie totaling around 300 calories. And I haven’t planned anything for dinner yet. I will work out when I get home from work at 6:00 pm. I plan to go outside and do a hill run for about one hour with intervals of push-ups, side lunges, squats, and windmills. This will work my butt, my arms, my shoulders, my thighs, and my core.
I will take a before picture and post it on here soon enough and can’t wait to start seeing results!
Feel free to keep me motivated because I will need it!